Red Hat ‘meetings’ are called Hoots. We always have a Hoot on the evening of the second Wednesday of each month. We often add other outings, sometimes full day trips at the weekend, or midweek.
Hatters can organise Hoots too! Just let Queen Tess know what you are planning.
APRIL 2017 – Wednesday 12th April
- Our FIFTH Birthday Party!
- A fabulous dinner catered for us by Sara McAllister,
- A nostalgic musical quiz – courtesy of John Percy, King of the Turntable
- Venue: Morcott Village Hall @ 7.30pm
- Price: £20 to include dinner, drinks and entertainment. Contact Tessa now!
MAY 2017 – Wednesday 10th May
- This month’s Hoot is a leisurely WALK of around three miles from and returning back to The Wheatsheaf pub in Langham. Langham is a lovely Rutland village and this will be an easy wander around the lanes just as the kecks (cow parsley) comes into flower. Meet 6.45pm at the pub, aming to return to around 8pm for supper (choose from the menu, pay on the night). Please let Queen Tess know so she can warn the pub.
MAY 2017 – Friday 19th – Sunday 21st May
- Girls weekend away at Willersley Castle near Matlock in Derbyshire.
- Our second break at this welcoming hotel in a fantastic location. There will be walking, a pub lunch, sightseeing and shopping plus a Murder Mystery themed evening. There are 20 of us booked for this and all arrangements are now final.
JUNE 2017 – Wednesday 14th June
- Kilworth House Open Air Theatre: an annual outing for us and always popular.
- This year the show is KISS ME KATE, ticket price £35. (Update: fully booked.)
JULY 2017 – Sunday 9th July
- We are off to RHS Hampton Court Flower Show by coach. Pick ups in Belton, Oakham, Uppingham from approx 8.00am, returning to Rutland around 6.00pm.
- Cost is £51 for entrance fee and coach hire. Pretty full, but check with Tessa for spare seats/cancellations.
AUGUST 2017 – Sunday 20th August
- Southwell Races – Ladies Day. A select group is getting dressed to the nines and going to Ladies Day on the Trackside Lawn package. Tickets booked (£40), but it may be possible to add you on if you’re quick!
SEPTEMBER 2017 – Wednesday 13 September
- Yet to be organised: if you have a bright idea, please contact Tessa!
OCTOBER 2017 – Wednesday 11 October
- Rutland Cookery School masterclass! This is a really hands-on cookery evening at the new Rutland Cookery School within Ashwell Business Park (Oakham), recently set up by chef Robin Stewart.
- Highlights from Robin’s career include a stint with the renowned chef Anton Mosimann at the Dorchester Hotel, and time in the Michelin-starred kitchens of the Connaught Hotel, under Michel Bourdin. Robin has also developed recipes for Waitrose, M&S and Sainsbury’s. This is a fantastic opportunity to pick up tips from a hugely experienced chef!
- Cost is £35 to include a demonstration of what we’re going to cook, the ingredients and time to cook it ourselves (with help if needed!) and of course time to taste and enjoy the results.
- Maximum number for this Hoot is 9. Booking with Tessa now (if there is enough demand, a further date/group could be added).
NOVEMBER 2017 – Wednesday 8 November
- Gin night! Artisan gin is all the rage and we have one of the most exciting distilleries not too far away in Leicestershire.
- Our tour of Burleighs in Loughborough starts with a welcome gin’n’tonic, lasts about 90 minutes during which we’ll become expert in distillation, history, botanicals etc and ends with a tasting!
- And even if you’re driving and so cannot do more than taste on the night, we also have the opportunity to buy a bottle or three to take home.
- Maximum number for this trip is 30 Hatters.
- The cost is £20: book with Tessa as soon as you like.
Contact Tessa on 07825 138241 or email email@example.com